Contractors Liability Programs:|
Throughout its history, WESTCAP has specialized in the underwriting and sale of general liability insurance for builders and contractors. WESTCAP has an "in-house" program with an admitted carrier rated A- by AM Best, providing GL for a wide variety of builders, trades and artisans. WESTCAP can also offer contractors general liability through surplus lines and other non-admitted markets, including Risk Retention Groups.
General Coverage Information:
Residential and Commercial Contractors, including General Contractors, Subcontractors, Artisans and Remodelers. No restrictions on tract homes or size of projects, and no restrictions on amount of work subcontracted.
Coverage is available through Benchmark Insurance Company, an admitted carrier rated A- by AM Best, as well as other admitted and non-admitted markets, depending on type of account, product and state.
Coverage is available to contractors in California, Nevada, Washington, Minnesota, Texas and Oregon. Other states will be added in the near future.
- Occurrence-based Commercial General Liability coverage, including Products/Completed Operations.
- Limits up to $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate are available and per project aggregates can be offered.
- Deductibles as low as $500. per claim.
- Minimum premiums starting at $1,500.
- The minimum earned premium is 25% for annual policies.
- Rating Basis: gross receipts.
- Maximum policy term is one year but short term policies are available.
Indications and quotes may be offered based on an ACORD application. To bind, a signed WESTCAP application is required. For coverage issued by Risk Retention Groups, a signed subscription agreement may also be required.
Eligible classes include:
- Paper General Contractors
- Residential Builders
- Roofing Contractors
- Residential Developers
- Oil Related Work
- Framing Contractors
- Window Washers
- LPG Contractors
- Elevator Contractors
- Demolition Contractors
- Bridge & Road Contractors
- New Ventures
Contact us for more information